DRAFT 1: HUMANITIES KNOWLEDGE SHARING OUTLOOK
This schematic aims to begin a summary of an extensive investigation into futurist theory and foresight. When prompted to layout the “landscape of our future,” I decided to take it quite literally, inventing a city block that is full of fictional and non-fictional organizations and corporations that aim to summarize and represent thoughts inspired by some of the greatest futurist predictions and research, as well as my own aspirations and foresight inspired by these findings.
Key Points & Predictions:
• OS integration into our daily objects, even the most mundane and every day.
• The urban landscape as a mecca for data collection & visualization.
• Break-throughs in neurology transform web 2.0 notions from online to biological existence.
• Government systems that are open and editable by the public.
• A cultural record that is collected by the environment itself.
• Social Media as a replacement for all surveillance systems.
• “The cloud” as a religious belief and daily observance.